Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Educationcity.com

One of the negatives and positives of being the Director of Technology (sounds much more special than Technology Coordinator) is the phone calls that I get from vendors offering their products and services.  Most of the time these products are just outside the scope of a small K-12 district.  The other day I got a phone call from a sales rep from EducationCity.com and I immediately was ready to give the standard reply of, "send me your information and I will get back to you."  So I got the information in about 5 minutes, first part of the puzzle that made me think this may be legit.  Meaning that the sales rep actually took the time at least create the email and send it to me, normally, I would guess they have a spam list of phone numbers to call and just go down the list.

I went over to the website and I have to say I was impressed.  The website is a learning module, standards based website designed for Grades Pre-K through 6th Grade.  I went home that night and showed my 7 year old daughter, she was actively engaged for about 40 minutes and I knew I was on to something.  I came back to school the next day and made a video for my staff, in the next two my teachers were asking how they can use it more.

Needless to say, it was a nice little phone call that I received and it has worked out very well so far.  So head on over to EducationCity.com and take a look and see if it is something that you could integrate for 21st century skills

No comments:

Post a Comment